In the spring of 2013 the Levisson Institute organised a basic training for new teachers of the Talmud Torah education in the Progressive Jewish congregations in Holland. This basic training consisted of 5 lessons on Sunday afternoons, in Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Thirteen people from 8 different congregations took part. The training was organised in cooperation with Rimon, the Dutch Progressive Jewish Education Centre, which is now part of the Levisson Institute.
Program basic training
- Learning plan, year plan & vertical planning
- Teaching schedule
- The first day of school. How to do this?
- How to formulate learning goals?
- Class management
- How to make a ‘jewish’ class?
- Effective communication
How to use the Hebrew methods for the small children (4-6 years) and the older ones (6-13 years)?
- Time management
- What kind of different children are there and how to manage them?
- Differentiation in the class
- Working independent
Specific teaching skills, like telling (jewish) stories, singing songs, asking questions, use of the Rimon website etc.